Corporate Donations and Sponsorship (continued)
Companies expect to benefit from donations and sponsorship, so you need to make clear the advantages of supporting your cause. Companies in the area local to your charity, or companies in the industry your charity works in, are most likely to benefit from giving donations and/or sponsorship.
With a company, it's not always about the money. Other things that companies may be interested in are:
- Staff volunteering and secondments - this motivates staff and enables them to share skills and knowledge gained from the corporate sector
- Team-building or volunteer day at one of your projects
- Sponsoring equipment, such as your minibus, in return for free advertising
- Donating raffle prizes in return for free advertising at your event
- Advertising in your newsletter or on your website